A Playkey subscription is a contract where a user pays a certain amount of money periodically and in exchange obtains access to Playkey.
How can I create a subscription?
Here’s what you need:
- Create an account.
- Install the Playkey application.
- Confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email.
- Select a service plan.
- Pay for it.
What does a subscription give me?
- You can run games that are available in the “Games by Subscription” section of the Playkey catalogue.
If you don’t have a key—for example, for GTA V—then you won’t be able to play the game after subscribing, since the copyright owner has decided that it is a paid service for which you will need to buy a key.
You can purchase keys for paid games on Playkey.
Keys acquired on Playkey can be used to run a game both in the Playkey cloud and on your computer without the game service.
You can use existing keys (purchased in another store) to run games that are provided on Playkey. You can find more about this in the article on key activation.
How can I renew a subscription?
Renewal is automatic unless it is paused in the “Subscription Management” section.
- If you use Qiwi, then automatic renewal is possible with a Qiwi virtual card.
- Playkey attempts to debit funds starting 16 hours before the end of the paid period and continues trying for five days after it expires. If the funds cannot be taken, the subscription is suspended.
Keep in mind that if you have a legacy service plan, then this service plan ends when the subscription ends.
Important points about using a subscription:
- Pausing a subscription cancels automatic renewal but doesn’t suspend the subscription itself.
- Connection quality is not guaranteed by the subscription since it depends, among other things, on the user’s internet provider.
- A subscription expires whether you use it or not.
- Each service plan includes a different number of minutes of playing time per month. The exact number of minutes is indicated in the service plans’ descriptions.
- Gaming minutes are spent only after the phrase “Ready to play” appears on the screen.
- If you use up the allotment before the subscription has expired, then you can buy additional minutes as often as you want.
- Any extra minutes purchased roll over to the next month.
- In your Playkey account, you can buy extra minutes 30 minutes before the end of the minutes included in your service plan.
- Once you switch to a current service plan, you can’t switch back to a legacy plan.