What is the configuration manager?
This is a tool to manage the configuration file settings.ini, and it simplifies adjusting various settings when you use Pkaykey.
Where is it located?
The configuration manager is called up by pressing Ctrl+F2 in the Playkey application.
What settings can I change with it, and what do they mean?
- Codek - programm/algorithm of videofeed compression and it's restoration to original quality. How to check what codecs are supported by your computer.
- Video profile - Parameter high provides best graphics quality, while baseline provides best perfomance. If you are experiencing decoding or control delays, we recommend lowering this paramenter gradually.
- Video decoder - Using a hardware decoder speeds up the process of video encoding and decoding and increases performance. We recommend using the Auto option.
- Client video processing quality - The higher the setting, the better the video quality; lower settings make for faster video processing and less input and video delay.
- Video bitrate range - In automatic mode the bitrate range is 5–25 Mbps. If you see losses on the channel or you have a low internet speed, we recommend lowering the maximal threshold (the second value).
- Number of slices in the video frame - More slices mean a more stable video stream, but a higher load on the system. We recommend using the Auto option.
- Color range - Changes default color gamma. Can drastically affect the image without affecting perfomance. We recommend using the Auto option..
- Client-side cursor rendering - Usually helps to solve the issue of desynchronized mouse cursor with higher ping values, but is less effective if the issue is caused by decoding problems.
- Slow PC/Mac auto detection - This option turns on a special algorithm that automatically adjusts the values of bitrate and quality if it detects problems with the decoding or internet connection.